Getting Started Steps
Lynda is now LinkedIn Learning. No LinkedIn account is required.
Get started here with LinkedIn Learning on a desktop or laptop computer:
1. Click "get started"
2. Log in with your library card number and password.
To login with a mobile device or tablet:
1. Search for and download LinkedIn Learning in the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store on Android.
2. The app may recognize your LinkedIn account if you have the app on your device logged in. LinkedIn Learning requires a subscription. To use the Library's subscription, click "not (name)?".
3. Click "sign in"
4. Choose "Sign in with your library card".
5. LinkedIn Learning will ask for an invitation link. "https://www.linkedin.com/learning-login/go/" will already be filled in for you. Add "lakeforestlibrary" with no spaces.
6. Log in with your entire library card number without spaces starting with the 2, and your library card password. If you do not know your password, try the last four digits of your phone number. If this doesn't work, call the library to have your password reset.
To search, click the search bar and type in the name of the software or skill you would like to learn. You may also click on the Library menu item and select from a wide range of topics.
To open a course, click on it. Courses are made up of multiple short videos, each focused on a specific task. You can watch the videos in sequence or pick and choose ones that are relevant to you. You can also view and download exercise files.
You can create collections (previously called "playlists" in Lynda) to save courses and videos for later viewing. To create a collection, click on a course or video. In the top right corner of the screen you will see a plus sign. When you click on the plus sign, you can add to an existing collection or create a new one.
Popular Learning Paths
Learning Paths consist of a combination of classes designed to teach you the skills necessary to become proficient in a given area.
- Become a Programmer
- Become an SEO Expert
- Become a Small Business Owner
- Become a Digital Marketer
- Become a Photographer
- Become a Front-End Web Developer
- Become a Web Designer