Steps to Access Free eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies, TV Shows, Music, & Comics
Downloading the Hoopla app and creating an account
- Search for "hoopla" in your device's app store and download the Hoopla Digital app. You can also find links to all available apps at www.hoopladigital.com/about.
- Open the app and select "Don't have an account? Sign up to create your free Hoopla account with your library card."
- Either select Lake Forest Library from the list provided or search for it.
- Enter your library card number with no spaces between the numbers.
- Then create a username (your email address) and password.
Searching for an item
Use the navigation to search within the categories of Video, Music, or Books.
Once you've selected one of those categories, there will be another menu with more categories to choose from.
For example, if you selected Books, you'll choose either Audiobooks, eBooks, or Comics.
- You can also search for a specific title by selecting the magnifying glass search icon.
- You can also filter Hoopla search results for children under 12.
In the app, select Kids to activate Kids Mode.
If you are using Hoopla in your browser, select "Settings" and then "On" for Kids Mode.
Borrowing an item
- Click on the cover image of the item you wish to borrow.
- On the next screen, select Borrow and begin streaming the item over Wi-Fi.
- If you'd like to download the item to use on the go or offline, select "Download to your device."
Listening, Watching, or Reading
- Find your checked-out items by selecting My Hoopla on the bottom menu.
Don't worry about late fees; items in Hoopla return themselves once the loan period ends.
Hoopla at a glance
Go to Hoopla
eBooks, audiobooks, & comics
Movies & TV shows
10 items per month
Yes. No late fees!
Yes: Smartphones, tablets, all your devices! Just install the app.
Yes: Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV
Yes: Computer browser
No: Kindle eReader