Lake Forest Library
360 E Deerpath Rd
Lake Forest IL 60045
Head of Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lake Forest Library plans Phase 4 reopening July 20
July 2, 2020 – LAKE FOREST Ill – Lake Forest Library is excited to announce a planned reopening of the building for express service and limited computer use beginning Monday, July 20. We're calling this phase Lake Forest Library Lite: many of the Library services and resources you love, with quick and speedy service for limited numbers of patrons throughout the day.
Although the Library is not yet going back to "business as usual," your visit can still be enjoyable! We encourage everyone to also continue using the Library online and by phone when possible, and to make pickup quick and easy by placing items on hold at least 24 hours before coming to the building. As always, you will be notified when your hold is ready to pick up. Open hours will be announced on social media and www.lakeforestlibrary.org in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing everyone again and providing as many library services and resources as possible while maintaining safety for staff and patrons. Because library materials are shared and circulated, and due to the building’s narrow aisles and aging HVAC system (which make it more challenging to adhere to physical distancing and air handling guidelines), visiting patrons are required to follow new protocols including:
- Wearing face coverings at all times.
- Using Express Service by asking Library staff for help when possible. Public computer time will be limited to 1 hour. No study or tutoring spaces will be provided at this time. Library staff will limit the number of patrons in the building, and we ask that everyone keep their visit brief to ensure that others can have a turn, too.
- Keeping 6 feet (or two bookcases) between people. Children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a caregiver and helped as needed to maintain physical distancing.
- Washing hands and using hand sanitizer frequently and as needed.
The nature of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic means that reopening dates and procedures are subject to change, but we are hopeful that no delays will be necessary. Up-to-date information is always available on the Library's social media channels and website.
While the building is closed, the Library is open online, by phone, and for Curbside Collect pickup:
- To enjoy a variety of virtual programs for all ages, follow us on social media or visit www.lakeforestlibrary.org/events.
- For eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, music, digital magazines, and more, visit www.lakeforestlibrary.org/digital.
- Search the online catalog or call us at 847.234.0636 to place holds on items for pickup through Curbside Collect. Details at www.lakeforestlibrary.org/curbside.
- If you have any questions about using the Library, your librarians are available to help by email (email@example.com), phone (847.234.0636), or live chat (www.lakeforestlibrary.org).
We miss serving all of you in person and appreciate your patience as we work to restore limited services in the building in the safest way possible for everyone.