Lake Forest Library
360 E Deerpath Rd
Lake Forest IL 60045
Head of Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lake Forest Library offers new Curbside Collect service starting June 3
May 21, 2020 – LAKE FOREST Ill – Lake Forest Library staff are pleased to again offer access to physical materials through our new Curbside Collect service. Library patrons can place holds on items at any time. Pickups start June 3 and run Monday–Saturday, 2:00–6:00 pm, at the back dock behind the Library (360 E Deerpath Rd, Lake Forest). Library staff will call patrons to let them know their requested items are ready to be picked up.
Lake Forest residents who do not have a library card can request one virtually at www.lakeforestlibrary.org/temp.
To use Curbside Collect:
- Place items on hold. You can make your requests in 3 ways:
- Search the online catalog and place holds on items you would like. Make sure "Limit by" is set to "Lake Forest Materials." Interlibrary loans are not yet available.
- Request a Curbside Care Package and we will choose items we think you will enjoy based on your preferences.
- Call us at 847.234.0636. You may need to leave a voicemail with your requests, or ask us to call you back if you are looking for reading recommendations.
- Wait until you receive a phone call from a Library staff member confirming that your items are ready to pick up. When we begin processing your holds, you may receive an email, text, or phone notification like you did prior to the stay‑at-home order. Please disregard these notifications and wait for a personalized phone call from us before coming to the Library.
- Within 3 days of receiving your personalized phone call, drive to the Library back dock from 2:00–6:00 pm, Monday–Saturday. Pickups must be by vehicle only. If you do not have access to a vehicle, please let us know so that we can make special arrangements for you.
- Place a sign with your full name on it in the passenger window.
- Without exiting your car, please roll down your back passenger window or pop your trunk.
- Library staff will place the bag in your car, and you can head home to enjoy the books, movies, and other items you checked out!
- If you have returns, please make another loop around the building and drop them in the return boxes. Library staff cannot take items directly from patrons.
Please let us know if you need special accommodations, and we will do our best to serve you. Contact the Library.
The Library's goal is to provide access to physical library materials again while prioritizing the safety of Library staff and patrons.
Thank you to all our patrons for working with us to minimize contact and maintain physical distance at all times. We also understand if you do not feel safe leaving your home or handling physical library materials at this time. Please continue to use our extensive digital library of eBooks, streaming movies, learning tools, databases, and more at lakeforestlibrary.org/digital and lakeforestlibrary.org/databases.