June 1–August 31, 2021
Join your family, friends, and neighbors to discover all the ways that Reading Colors Your World. Complete a variety of bingo challenges designed to get you out of your "reading comfort zone." Experience colorful vistas, faces, ideas, flavors, cultures, lifestyles, and viewpoints along the way!
SIGN UP for Summer Reading and stop by the Library to get one of our popular "We are Library Lovers" YARD SIGNS! (While supplies last.)
For help using READsquared, visit lakeforestlibrary.org/howto/readsquared.
Did you know ... ?
Daily reading is brain exercise! Summer reading is critical to a child's and teen's ability to retain information learned the previous year, as well as grow in knowledge and critical thinking skills for the upcoming year. Summer reading is great for adults, too! Reading reveals new ideas and possibilities, improves writing and speech, and enhances professional skills. Plus, when children and teens see adults read, they are more likely to want to read themselves.
- Download the READsquared app.
- Once in READsquared, register to create your account if you’re a new user, otherwise log in to your existing account.
- Enroll in the program that matches your age group.
- Tap "Log Reading" to view your bingo board of challenges. Read or listen to books, attend library events, and more!
- When you've completed a challenge, tap the matching bingo square and follow the instructions to check it off. Complete lines, win a book prize, and be entered in the grand prize drawing.