Getting Started Steps
1. Go to the Library’s Lynda login page
2. Click the “Create a profile” button.
3. On the next page, enter in your Library Card Number, create a new password and click the “Create Profile” button.
4. On the next page, enter your first and last name and your email address. Once you click “Save and create your account,” you will be logged into Lynda.com.
To search, click the search bar and type in the name of the software or skill you would like to learn. You may also click on the Library menu item and select from a wide range of topics.
To open a course, click on it. Courses are made up of multiple short videos, each focused on a specific task. You can watch the videos in sequence or pick and choose ones that are relevant to you. You can also view and download exercise files.
You can create different Playlists and save courses and videos for later viewing. To create a playlist, click on a course or video. In the top right corner of the screen you will see Add to Playlist. When you click Add to Playlist, you can add to an existing playlist or create a new one.
For future sessions, you can access Lynda.com either:
• From the Library website under the “Research and Learn” menu item
• By going to https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=lakeforestlibrary.org
Once on the login page, enter your library card number and the password you had previously created.
To reset your username or password, please locate your library card and then visit:
Popular Learning Paths
Learning Paths consist of a combination of classes designed to teach you the skills necessary to become proficient in a given area.
- Become a Programmer
- Become an SEO Expert
- Become a Small Business Owner
- Become a Digital Marketer
- Become a Photographer
- Become a Front-End Web Developer
- Become a Web Designer