Using the Media Lab
T: 9:30 to 3:00
Friday: 9:30 to 3:00
Sat.: 9:30 to 3:00
First Time Users
If this is your first time using our lab, we'll need you to fill out a Usage Agreement and bring your library card and photo ID. For future uses, just bring your library card.
Media Lab Policies
Users can make reservations for up to 2 hours; extensions are possible if no one else is waiting. Your reservation will be held for 15 minutes before being given up.
A Lab Attendant is available for tutorials of half an hour. These must be scheduled in advance.
The Media Lab is open to Lake Forest Library cardholders high school age and older in groups of five or less. LFL cardholders with expired cards or blocked status may not use the lab.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the lab.
- Use of the lab is for media projects only.
- Patrons will be limited to one 2 hour appointment per week. However, walk-ins are welcome.
Equipment Available from Lab Attendant
- Studio Headphones (2): to eliminate background noise. in lab use only
- Audio Splitter: allows both headphones to hear the same audio. in lab use only
- 500 gb hard drives (3): for storing and moving large projects. checkout for two weeks