The Children’s Library provides information through books and electronic resources for the youngest child through 8th grade students. Year round programs, including book groups and storytimes are offered to encourage the love of reading!
- Books for children, pre-school through 8th grade.
- Storytimes for babies, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 year olds.
- Books as well as videos, puppets, parent-teacher collection, CDs, puzzles, and DVDs.
- Children's Book lists on special topics.
- Class visits, group tours by advance arrangement. Call (847) 234-0648.
- Staff assistance with reference and reader's advisory.
- Year-round events for babies (0-24 months)pre-school and school-age children and families.
The Children’s Library can be reached at (847) 810-4601.
Know of a book you think we should purchase? Fill out a request form!
Parental Responsibility Statement
Parents are responsible for their children while they are in the library. Children under the age of 7 must be attended by a parent or other responsible caregiver age 14 or older at all times while in the library. (LFL Board Approved April 12, 1994)
The library staff will attempt to contact parents of unsupervised children. If parents are unavailable, the Lake Forest Police Department will be contacted. (LFL Board Approved April 12, 1994)