Instructions for Minolta Digital Microform Reader/Scanner
To Read, Scan, Print and Save images from microfilm and microfiche, please follow these steps.
- Turn on the Microfilm Reader/Scanner switch on the right side of machine.
- Load film (threading diagram is above the left spool holder). Make sure the film is coming off the top of the reel.
- Advance film to desired page or image, adjust to fit 81/2 x 11 outline on screen.
To Scan the Image:
- Use PC to the left of the Microfilm Reader/Scanner. Click on Imaging.
- From File, click on Acquire Image.
- Make sure paper size is 81/2 x 11, and Image Type is Black/White. Leave all default settings in place.
- Click on Scan.
- A scanned image will appear on the screen. If you are doing another page, advance the microfilm to the desired image and press the Scan button again.
Cropping the Scanned Image:
- To crop an image, hold mouse button from a corner of the image and create a band around the image. Click on Edit, select Crop.
Printing the Scanned Image:
- To Print the image, click on the Print Icon at the top of the window. Click OK.
- Your job will appear as Microfilm in the print queue of the central print station. Use a print card to activate the printer.
- Click on OK To Print to verify cost. .10 will debit from the card for each page printed.
Saving the Scanned Image to a Memory Key:
- Please note that the image cannot be saved to the hard drive. Insert memory device in USB port.
- Click on Save.
- Select E: Drive, and name your file.